Seacroft Garage Ltd Trading as Seacroft Ford Privacy Statement
This Privacy statement will confirm the instances of when we collect personal data, and how they information will be stored, the purposes for which it will be use, and the ways in which it will be collected.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information that you provide to us when interacting with our website (including your email address)
- information that you provide when completing your online profile (including your name, gender, date of birth and any educational details and employment details you provide)
- information that you provide to us when signing up to any distribution lists to receive correspondence from us;
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made via any of our websites (including your address, telephone number and payment details)
- information given to us via the phone or visit to the premises, (name, address, phone and email details, vehicle and ownership details)
Using personal information –
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
- Meet the terms of your order;
- To manage your relationship and account with us regarding service and mot reminders, vehicle supply and replacement vehicles you may find of interest;
- enable your use of the services available on our website;
- send you goods purchased through our website;
- supplying to you services purchased through our website;
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information)];v
- to submit to financial institutions and credit reference agencies for the purposes of making a credit application if requested to do so
Disclosing personal information –
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. For example warranty companies, Insurances companies, Body shops and manufacturers. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information].
- It is possible that Seacroft Garage Ltd could merge with or be acquired by another business or that the operation of the site will be transferred or sub-contracted to another legal entity. To the extent legally permissible, we may share with, or otherwise transfer your personal information to, the resulting legal entity.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Security of personal information
- We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- All details of financial transactions entered via our website will be protected by encryption technology.
Your rights –
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- Have any inaccuracies contained corrected
- Have your personal data erased
- Have a restriction placed upon processing of your data;
- Object to any processing activities you may be subject to by us;
- To request your data be provided to another processor if you wish
Requesting information we hold about you-
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request to our data protection officer: Mr Howard Handley, Seacroft Ford, Seacroft Road, Mablethorpe, Lincs, LN12 2DT, or via email: email@example.com
- Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible.
- Cookies are small text files downloaded onto your device from websites you browse. Generally, they are used to improve your experience when browsing a site. Here's some information on the type of cookies used on this website.
First Party Cookies –
- First party cookies are cookies set by www.seacroftford.co.uk and can only be read by www.seacroftford.co.uk
- Types of first party cookies used on this website
- First Party Session Cookies
- First party session cookies are stored by www.seacroftford.co.uk temporarily during a browsing session, and are deleted when you close your browser.
- First party cookies on this website are used to give a more seamless browsing experience. If you wish to disable these cookies, we recommend you do so by disabling them directly within your browser. Please see the link at the bottom of this page for instructions on how to do so. Disabling these cookies may result in a slight degradation in the browsing experience of the site.
First Party Persistent Cookies –
- First party persistent cookies are stored by a website for a fixed period (usually a year or longer) and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies are used where a website needs to remember your preferences, for example, for more than one browsing session, and automatically apply them the next time you visit the site.
Third Party Cookies –
- Third Party Cookies are set by organisations other than www.seacroftford.co.uk. For example, we use a third-party analytics service (Google Analytics) which will set cookies to perform this service. They can be either session or persistent cookies.
- This website may also contain content embedded from, for example, YouTube which can set its own (third party) cookies. See below for more information on Third Party Cookies.
- Web pages on the site may occasionally include embedded YouTube videos. Where this occurs, YouTube can drop standard, and flash-based, cookies to collect analytical information. If you wish to disable these cookies, we recommend you do so by disabling them directly within your browser. Please see the link at the bottom of this page for instructions on how to do so.
- Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information about your site usage to help us improve services and better understand user requirements.
- If you wish to disable these cookies, there are a couple of ways to do so:
- By disabling them directly within your browser. Please see the link at the bottom of this page for instructions on how to do so.
- By installing the Google opt-out browser add in. Please see the link at the bottom of this page for instructions on how to download this.
- Disabling these cookies will have no impact on your user experience, and will only result in anonymous information about your site usage not being collected.
- Google Maps and Google API
- This website may use embedded Google Maps and the Google API to enhance site content. Google capture some information as you view a map on their servers, to remember options and preferences such as location, zoom level or type of map, but some analytical information is also transferred about usage.
- If you wish to disable these cookies, we recommend you do so by disabling them directly within your browser. Please see the link at the bottom of this page for instructions on how to do so.
- Disabling these cookies may result in embedded Google Maps not being displayed correctly (or at all) and not remembering preferences such as location, zoom level or type of map.
Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ Social Sharing
- When you use one of the social share buttons on the www.seacroftford.co.uk website, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through.
- Seacroft Ford does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third-party website for more information about these cookies. Links are available below.
- We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office and our registration number is: Z5717268
The link below will provide any further information on our obligations.
Data Protection Officer
Our Data protection officer is Mr Howard Handley, any data protection issues can be made by writing to: Seacroft Ford, Seacroft Road, Mablethorpe, Lincs, LN12 2DT. Alternatively contact via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org